Bass fishing on the Orangville area

• 4 weeks later...

I saw your posting about a week ago and also noticed that no one had answered... I live in New York near Rochester, and I see you are not too far from Toronto or London. I can see that you are near 3 Great Lakes. I would start at any one of those, whichever is the closest! Smallmouth bass, (the smaller but fiestier species), can be caught near shore in 10 to 35 feet of water almost completely around any of the big lakes. Use 1/8 to 1/2 ounce jig heads with any soft plastic bait near the bottom. Because of the gobies, the bigger the bait (4 to 6 inches or so) the less chance of them getting to the bait before the smallmouth (smallies), which can be a very annoying situation. If you don't have a boat, fishing from shore from any kind of accessable pier or dock or jetty into the big lakes during the summer and fall months with the same lures will often bring you very decent largemouths ( the usually bigger of the black bass). I've seen them caught easily with just nightcrawlers from these places. Sometimes, both smallies and bucketmouths will be hangin' together and make themselves avalable to you from these shoreline access areas. The bass fishing for both is sooo prevalent and available all around New York state and this entire eastern North America region in streams, rivers, small ponds to the Great Lakes, it should be easy for you to ask around at many of your local tackle shops or marinas and find any other local to Orangeville bass fishing places. Good luck, and read up anywhere you can on bass and bass fishing... there is and always has been tons of info written about this!!!