Date(s): 8/26/11

Time on Water: 7-12

Weather/Temp: Overcast and cool

Wind Speed/Direction: NE 10+

Waves: 1-2 building to 3-4s

Total Hits: 8

Total Boated: 8

Species Breakdown: Kings and steel, one small brown

Hot Lure: Mag spoons (assorted), glow SD with glow atomik fly, and of course cutbait

Trolling Speed: 2

Boat Depth: 100-500

Lure Depth: 65-100, best was 70-90

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Another nice day out of the oak. started in close in my waypoints from wednesday, still alot of bait but less fish. We did 4 shorties in there, including a few nice steelies and a brown. I decided to go out to the deep water, and once we got to 28 N we did a triple (2 big steelies and a 2 year old king about 8 lbs). At about 11:30 with the waves building we were about to pull when we had a big rip on the 80 downrigger. That fish turned out to beat my boat record from 2 days ago, this time a big guy that weighed in at 29 lbs 15 ounces which is currently sitting 10th...... The oak is treating me very well this week. The big guy took a glow with green dot SD with a Glow atommik fly. Temps where about 100 down in close, 80 down out deep.

Here is the big guy. Hope to be out tomorrow- will be on 79 if anyone wants to talk.

IMAG0233.jpg

IMAG0235.jpg

Good luck everyone!

Abe

Great job! 8 for 8 is awesome in those conditions. Congrats on your PB and hope it holds. We stayed inside of 150 and did 2 teen kings and a brown all below 90. Back at it tomorrow.

Good luck,

Shawn

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png