Color combo between flasher/ dodger & Lure?

Hey Gotta Bite,

Last year was my first chasing Kings, so you'll get a lot more seasoned advice than my experience will allow. That said, I'll tell you what our experience has been so far. Most of the boards we used were Pro Troll e-chips mostly in white and green with the tapes colors you have, with A-Tom-Mik tourney flies, usually in colors/patterns that matched the board. That said, sometimes we mixed it up and put green flies on white boards and vice versa. The result was we took fish in all three configurations. We tried some purple, blue and orange colored flies with no real success to speak of. In spoons, the Orange Monkey Puke NK 28 was our hottest spoon. I've heard some people run spoons with boards, which we tried too, but all the fish we took on spoons came on straight sets of the down riggers without the boards. Hope that helps a little :P . I can't wait until we can hit the water again Aug 25th - Good luck!!!

L.J.

GB,

I'm sure you will have a great season out there. What port do you usually fish out of? I'm going to be joining my Dad to fish out of Mexico & Oswego Aug 24th-Sept 3rd. If you have a VHF, give the "Bigfoot II" or WalleyeLJ a call and we can share info if your up. I'm planning on having a wireless card with my laptop so that I can post reports straight from the water. Good luck, and may the Kings be with YOu...:)

L.J.

Without a doubt, some type of green flasher/fly combo has been my most productive. However, I have that combo in the water more than anything else, so... To round out your selection, I would recommend some type of blue/purple spin doctor or pro-chip and Mirage and No-See-Um flies. If I were you, I would contact Tom at A-Tom-Mic and have him put together a package that meets your needs and your budget. Be sure to get the tornamant series flies - they are awesome. I have probably 20 flashers and 50-70 flies, and I run maybe 6 or 7 combos reguraly. Now matching divers to flasher/flies is a whole other issue. I tend to run a Walker Deeper Diver in a similar color to the flasher/fly combo, but most others run black or clear divers with every rig.

Hope that helps.

Gottabite-

Hey - this is the blue combo I like to run:

Spin Doctor (or similar Pro-Chip):

SDDoubleCrushGlow.jpg

Fly (AT-TOM-MIC Little Boy Blue or similar):

AT-TOM-MICLBB.jpg

I don't run spoons behind SD's (others do, though), but did start playing around with spoons behind Dee's Diamond Flashers with pretty good success.

Good Luck!