Canandaigua - 9/26

Well it is time to give up on the Big-O and concentrate on the fantastic fall fishery on Canandaigua Lake. The north end is where I usually set up shop, but with the ramp closed I was "forced" to head south. Actually woodville is not much further than the north end from home, but just never seem to fish down there.

I ran a 3 rod spread with 2 riggers and 1 wire rod. Headed out first light and set up headed towards the white rock in 130FOW. Barely had all 3 in the water when a 4# rainbow hits the glow fire frog stinger parked at 45'.

Past the white rock and "BAM" the wire starts screaming like a Lake O king. After a nice battle I land a beautiful, fat 10# bow :) . It took a green & white SD w/ a hammer fly out 125 on 3 setting. While battling that "beast" my rigger rod down 55' with a shrimp stinger starting thumping but I wasn't about to even touch that rod when I knew I had a good fish in hand.

Did 2 other decent bows 1 on the same wire and another on the shrimp stinger before swithing up to the Seth Green rig for the last 1/2 hour. Did 1 small laker on a sutton35 down 90'.

Also lost 2 others, 1 on a dalmation SD w/ mirage fly of rigger down 55', and the other on a diehard stinger down 45'.

Spent most time in 85-140FOW on the east side. GPS speed was 2.2-2.7. Surface temp was 68. Overcast to start then bright sun. Lake was calm and was pea soup green and murky. Had some issues with mats of weeds.

Leaves are turning so get out there and enjoy the scenery and the awesome Canandaigua Lake fall fishing!

SUMMARY- 5 for 8 w/ 4 Bows & 1 Laker. Fished 3.5hrs. South end, east shore.

LTtroller

(Bob)