Delaware Walleyes ,Monday Dec. 5 (1st ever Delaware post)

choo-choo

I took the day off to try and finish getting my firewood split and stacked, kept getting sidetracked,dryer broke, headed to Honesdale for a new one,got back ,hooked it up.......almost finished the wood ...but the river ,and a bald eagle were calling me . So fishing I went (about 4:30). The river was up a bit and a little "chalky", but really a nice ,decent ,fishy level. The eagle flushed from his perch as I got to water, a local,native ,immature one, who has been here since he/she was born, just downstream from me, a few years ago. He circled me twice, then headed down river. That bird was cackling , screeching,and making a racket all afternoon, Iguess the fishing was slow for him. I started casting and got donked by a walleye on a plug, on like the third cast. Good sign. Decent fighter , and nicely colored "lil "eye about 17 inches. Took awhile for my next hit, hard fightin' river smallmouth about 14". Right at dark , two more small walleyes, hit my "night" river plug.Nothing big yet.....then I let it the plug swing a little too far down, felt the plug digging into the rocks, then the rocks came alive with a fish pulling drag ! Worked 'em back nice and as beached it, there in the moonlight was a 20"+ sucker , which I managed to foul hook near the dorsal fin. Things shut down for me, and I quit by 7:00p.m.. Just before leaving, I shined the headlight into the water and saw a nice sized fish , tight to shore, in about 10 inches of water....no glowing eyes, so i got real close to it , spooked and disoriented it , but it stayed right there. A brown trout, about 20 ", full of cotton ball sized fungus all over it. Real sickly looking. Maybe it made a nice meal for mink or eagle today. ...........................steve