Need some tackle rules advice

I will going out on the lake from the Salmon river. I understand that you can not have lures with more then one hook on it. Does that mean as long as I do not throw a line in the water while I am in the river going to the lake I am ok? Alos If I do put a line in the water while in the river I have to put my other lures in the truck?

Thanks for the help.

Rick

From the upstream most navigation buoy located between the breakwalls at the mouth upstream to the County Route 52 bridge in Altmar

See additional special fly fishing only, catch and release areas and regulations for the Salmon River (Oswego County) which are listed here separately.Effective Dates for Special Seasonal Tributary Regulations

Special tributary regulations are effective SEPTEMBER 1 THROUGH MARCH 31 for all tributaries except the Salmon River in Oswego County where the effective dates are AUGUST 15 THROUGH APRIL 14.

Fishing Hours

Fishing at night (one half hour after sunset until one half hour before sunrise) is prohibited, except in the Black River (Jefferson County) from Lake Ontario upstream to the Route 180 bridge in Dexter where fishing is permitted at all times and in the Salmon River in Oswego County where fishing at night is permitted from Lake Ontario to the Route 3 bridge from April 1 through August 14.

Seasonal Regulations for Great Lakes Tributaries

Hooks

Hooks attached to any lure, except an artificial fly must be free-swinging.

Hooks may have a gap (distance between the shank and the point) of no more than one half inch.

Use of hooks with added weight is prohibited, except that artificial flies with no more than one-eighth ounce of added weight may be used. For the purposes of this regulation, the method by which weight is added to a hook does not affect classification as an "artificial fly" provided the conditions of the definition of an "artificial fly" are otherwise met.

Only one hook with a single hook point is permitted, except that floating lures may have multiple hooks including double and treble hooks only as permitted below.

Floating Lures

A "floating lure" is a lure that floats while at rest in water regardless of any weight attached to the line, leader or lure.

Any hooks on a floating lure must be attached to the lure by a ring or swivel.

The distance between the body of a floating lure and the points of any attached hooks shall not exceed one and one-half inches.

Restrictions On The Use Of Multiple Hooks with Multiple Points On Floating Lures

Waters With Restrictions On The Use Of Multiple Hooks with Multiple Points On Floating Lures Water County Regulation

All Lake Ontario tributaries except the Oswego and Salmon Rivers Cayuga & Oswego Restricted to 1 hook with a single hook point September 1 through March 31

Salmon River Oswego Restricted to 1 hook with a single hook point August 15 through October 31

Genesee River Monroe Restricted to 1 hook with a single hook point from the Driving Park bridge upstream to the lower falls September 1 through November 30

All other tributaries and the Oswego River All Multiple single, double, or treble hooks are permitted at all times

Leaders With Weights

The distance between the hook, artificial fly or lure and any weight attached to the line or leader, whether fixed or sliding, shall not exceed four feet.

In addition, when the above special tributary regulations are in effect for Lake Ontario tributaries in Oswego and Cayuga Counties, and the Genesee River (Monroe County) from the Driving Park Bridge upstream to the Lower Falls: weight shall not be added to the line, leader, swivels, artificial fly or lure in any manner such that the weight hangs lower than the attached hook, artificial fly or lure when the line or leader is suspended vertically from the rod.

Effective Dates for Special Seasonal Tributary Regulations

Special tributary regulations are effective SEPTEMBER 1 THROUGH MARCH 31 for all tributaries except the Salmon River in Oswego County where the effective dates are AUGUST 15 THROUGH APRIL 14.

Fishing Hours

Fishing at night (one half hour after sunset until one half hour before sunrise) is prohibited, except in the Black River (Jefferson County) from Lake Ontario upstream to the Route 180 bridge in Dexter where fishing is permitted at all times and in the Salmon River in Oswego County where fishing at night is permitted from Lake Ontario to the Route 3 bridge from April 1 through August 14.

Seasonal Regulations for Great Lakes Tributaries

Hooks

Hooks attached to any lure, except an artificial fly must be free-swinging.

Hooks may have a gap (distance between the shank and the point) of no more than one half inch.

Use of hooks with added weight is prohibited, except that artificial flies with no more than one-eighth ounce of added weight may be used. For the purposes of this regulation, the method by which weight is added to a hook does not affect classification as an "artificial fly" provided the conditions of the definition of an "artificial fly" are otherwise met.

Only one hook with a single hook point is permitted, except that floating lures may have multiple hooks including double and treble hooks only as permitted below.

Floating Lures

A "floating lure" is a lure that floats while at rest in water regardless of any weight attached to the line, leader or lure.

Any hooks on a floating lure must be attached to the lure by a ring or swivel.

The distance between the body of a floating lure and the points of any attached hooks shall not exceed one and one-half inches.

Restrictions On The Use Of Multiple Hooks with Multiple Points On Floating Lures

Waters With Restrictions On The Use Of Multiple Hooks with Multiple Points On Floating Lures Water County Regulation

All Lake Ontario tributaries except the Oswego and Salmon Rivers Cayuga & Oswego Restricted to 1 hook with a single hook point September 1 through March 31

Salmon River Oswego Restricted to 1 hook with a single hook point August 15 through October 31

Genesee River Monroe Restricted to 1 hook with a single hook point from the Driving Park bridge upstream to the lower falls September 1 through November 30

All other tributaries and the Oswego River All Multiple single, double, or treble hooks are permitted at all times

NYS DEC

I HOPE THIS HELPS. KEEP ALL YOUR LURES IN THE BOAT.THEY WONT DO YOU ANY GOOD IN THE TRUCK !!