Anyone fishing Canandaigua?

Hi all!

Headed to Woodville tomorrow a.m. for shakedown trip and to see if I can get my daughter her 1st trout.

I'm sure I could scrape a LT of the bottom with the Seth Green rig, but I would prefer to get her something off the wires or riggers.

I normally fish the north end this time of year but with the ramp closed I am forced to head south. I am not too familiar with the south end so any suggestions as to the depth &/or general area to start looking would be appreciated. THANKS!

LTtroller

(Bob)

Bob,

Not really sure about the fishing or how its been other than a few half way recent posts and maybe the local guys can chime in but if you still want to fish the North end I think they have been letting people launch at the Ononda launch west side a little ways down the lake. Good Luck and don't forget the camera.

Tom

Hey friend I fished there this morning everything was on the rigger 130 down in 140 fow all the fish were on the east side not even a mark on the finder on the west side no fish after about 3 mile up from woodville good luck

All of our fish hit maching green spinny/fly combos

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Thanks for the replies guys.

Tcon- Ya I would love to run up to the north, but with the daughter aboard I just assume start fishing ASAP for her sake as well as mine :lol: . Plus, 1st time out I like to stay semi close to my launch area, just in case ;) .

Smaltcody- Thanks for the tips. I think I might start fairly shallow with the boards and shallow riggers, then if nothings happening head out to the 120 - 150 depth with dipseys and riggers down deep. And then to the "trusty" seth green rig if all else fails.

I'll report back tomorrow.

LTtroller

(Bob)

I was out for an hour this afternoon and the fishing was great on the south end. Riggers deep and 300 copper was hot. Sd fly on Riggers and suttons on the copper. Water temp was 50+ on the north end surface And 40 on the south,

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png