Sorry for the lack of reports guys, but I have no internet access when I'm in NY. The fishing is starting to really heat up in Oswego, so if you can get out....do it! Two weeks ago I took a buddy and his son, as well as Waterlogged (Clark) and the fishing was great, with most of the kings being very deep @ 450 to 600 fow. My buddy took his first king on that trip and it just missed making the loc board that day by 2 oz.

TimsSalmon.jpg

Tim and his first king.

TimRodonsalmontrip.jpg

We ended that half day trip going 6 for 9 with Tim's son also landing his first ever king.

I got out several days later and a steady east blow had changed everything. Chris (Traveling man) and myself worked hard for the two fish we boated. The only rod we got to fire was the thumper with a white spin doc and fly. Cold water was everywhere and the fish were scattered.

Our next day out we fished the FHC and managed a 7th place finish going 6 for 7. We had a couple guys up from Maryland and they had an awesome time. As I remember, one fish came on the copper (400 out), one on the thumper, one one a wire dipsey and three off the riggers. No real patterns, they were caught on all different combo's.

Our next day out was our worst trip of the year. Oh, we caught a few fish, but we also caught the bottom with a thumper rod trying to swing back around to net my son's 10-12 lb Steelhead we (I)lost out of the net. It was his first Steelhead and after we lost it, it went belly up so I swung around to net it....to tight....big mistake!! Final tally on lost equipment was one spool of wire line, my sub troll probe, a shark downrigger ball, a release, a stacker release, a spin doc and fly and a 16 oz thumper set up :shock: :x ;(:(

Well....after that I was fishing without any wire rods and only one rigger without a probe, so needless to say the fishing started to suck for us. We did manage a 1 for 3 afternoon with my son catching his first small Coho.

Justinandcoho.jpg

All in all, a great trip. The Coho's have also arrived in Oswego & they seem ready to play! I'll be back up on Monday so give me a shout if your on the water!

Rod

Lucky Enuff

Hey Enzo...how long you staying up for?? I'll be up with a guy from San Diego on Monday, Tues & Wed of next week. Clark will be fishing on Fri & Sat in Oswego, give him a call on ch 68 and he'll be glad to give you the up to date report. Call on the radio for waterlogged.

I don't want to give you false info, and I had no probe the last day & a half. It appeared as though the lake was setting up again and the fish were slowly on the move and heading a little deeper. The fish are there in pretty good numbers....you should have a great time as long as the weather holds. Get those kids on some fish !! :lol:

Rod