kicker motor bracket

adam2000

My buddy is gonna let me use his kicker its a 2 stroke. My question is if I buy a garelick bracket made for a 4stroke will it work? I plan on buying a 4 stroke kicker sometime just not right now. But putting my buddys on my boat will help speed the process up with the gas ill save.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

It will work just fine.

That is a 2 stroke on a 4 stroke bracket. If you try a 4 stroke on a 2 stroke bracket you hang too much weight on a bracket that is not build for that sort of weight.

Ok. I thinking of getting the garelick 4stroke bracket. Holds plenty of weight. Im worried about shaft lengths. This bracket has alot of adjustment just don't want to have to remount it when I buy one with a longer shaft

Here is a site that explains everything about the Garelick.

http://www.garelick.com/files/12.185.pdf

If you mean the bar that goes on the front from engine to engine,it works fine as long as you have both engines on the transom. It is quite simple and it is cheap.But if you have the kicker hanging from a bracket, you cannot use the stearns bar,instead, you must have an EZ Steer setup.

Here is a site that explains everything about the Garelick.

http://www.garelick.com/files/12.185.pdf

If you mean the bar that goes on the front from engine to engine,it works fine as long as you have both engines on the transom. It is quite simple and it is cheap.But if you have the kicker hanging from a bracket, you cannot use the stearns bar,instead, you must have an EZ Steer setup.

Well I guess ill send stearns bar back. Makes sense probably should of waited for a answer but im getting excited. Thanks