rigger cable?

I currently run big jobs with 150ft of 150lb stainless cable. This might fill half the spool. After a slight incident last weekend I backlashed some cable and linked it pretty bad. So my question is If I fill the spool with 300ft will it improve the performance of my rigger? In theory gear ratio improves as your reel gets full. No bashing Big Jons here I have no complaints and the speed doesn't bother me running 13lb weights @ 100ft+

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

When I had my Cannons, I swapped the 150 footers out for 300 footers. I'm not sure if I noticed a big difference in performance but keep in mind that with the larger diameter of the full spool, your actual depth will be a little deeper than it was with the smaller spool of cable. In other words, each time the spool goes around, advancing your counter by 1, you will have let out more cable than in the past. I haven't swapped the ones on my Scotty's. I think the came with either 200 or 250 feet.

You will get more cable intake per revolution of the spool with a full spool relative to a half full spool.

You will also be able to fish deeper and have extra cable just in case something happens.

It will change the accuracy of your counters.

Good luck.

Glen