Hot Lure: NK Black Green Glow Mag

Trolling Speed: 2.5-3.0

Down Speed: 2.5-3.0

Boat Depth: 50 - 250 fow

Lure Depth: 35 - 75 ft

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Headed down to the bar Sat looking for some king action, and boy did we have a blast! Heading out of the channel we were greeted with NOAA's 1-2 ft wave forecast (actually 2-4+ footers) - at least they got the direction right! :$ Set-up just west of the Red Can and it was game-on! :clap: It didn't take long before we had a screamin' drag! First fish a heafty 15 lb king! :yes: Throughout the day we would find a pocket of fish and it was fast and furious for a stretch, then it would slow to a pick, then we'd find another pod. We ended up taking 47 hits and boated 40 fish, a mix of kings (up to 20 lbs) and coho's (up to 14 lbs). Pics can be found here:

http://www.fksportfishing.com/SummerPics2012.html

Mostly a spoon bite for us, with a few coming on spin docs/flies. Best lure was an NK black with green glow mag, followed by NK Raspberry mag and R&R Magenta Shad mag spoons.

Just before we called it a day, a rod fired behind me, and when I turned in my seat to go get it my arm got lodged in the seat as my body turned and I pulled my arm out of the socket. :( That ended our trip a day early, as I was headed to the ER on Sunday for X-rays. Tomorrow I'm off to the orthopedic surgeon for a look-see and hopefully he won't find any rips or tears in my rotator!

Are you sure it wasn't all those Kings pulling your arm out of the socket? Better get in shape for next year when those fish are all pushing closer to 30 lbs! :o:o Nice shooting :yes::beer:

Thanks! Yeah, this isn't boding well for the WHI this coming weekend! While I won't be able to fight any fish, I am at least hoping to be able to do some rigging. If not, I'll be stuck behind the wheel all day! The number of big fish this spring is staggering! I really hope my shoulder is good to go by August when these fish are getting to be upper 30's and 40's!! 8) I have a feeling this fall LOC leader board is going to look like the one in '99! :clap:

Your arm will heal up quick if you didn't tear anything. I wasn't allowed to lift mine for weeks but still it functioned perfectly. Do the stretching and resistance exercises they give you in physical therapy and you'll be fine.