Mallory Electronic ignition

Hey guys, Has anyone used this system?

http://performanceparts.com/part/Mallory/YLM624AV

I had a cylinder one valve issue. Too tight. Adjusted all my valves. Shut the engine off and went to start...NOTHING. Coil decided to crap out, oil coming right out the top. Luckily at the dock. Replaced the coil. Again no spark. I have an updated Volvo/ Prestolite Electronic ignition system. With the new coil I can manually raise and lower the spark. I have power into the distibutor and nothing out. The inside of the housing looked horrible. So, I decided its time to update everything, Ordered the system I linked above. Just wondering if anyone has used this specific system. If so, any insight on it? Seems pretty straight forward. Just wanted to know if they have had good or poor luck with this system.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Mallory makes some of the best performance ignition system components available for aftermarket applications. I have not used the breakerless distributor that you ordered but if it is like the one I do have and going by the YL model designation it will be bulletproof.

I have a dual point YL distributor on a modified V8 in a four wheel drive that was used for hill climb and sand drag competion back in my off road racing days. It still runs and is fed by a Mallory 40,000 volt coil. It has an adjustable advance curve to fine tune the ignition timing advance for any modifications. Very tough stuff.

GOOD CHOICE :yes:

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Thanks. It seems pretty straight forward and from what I could find seemed to be the best reviews for marine distributor according to other boating forums... Stinks it happened now, but I hope to have a bulletproof engine now..