Hot Lure: green NBK

Trolling Speed: 2.5-3.0 SOG

Down Speed: heaven only knows

Boat Depth: 150-170

Lure Depth: 90' & 110' riggers, 200 mag dipsy, 300 reg dispy

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Well it was a bit windier and wavier then I expected when i saw the NOAA reports. We set up in 100fow and i tried running six lines....3 divers, 3 riggers. My son was having a nasty time trying to control the boat into the west/northwest wind which was picking up and the blooming current was putting so much blow back on the lines and riggers, it was looking like a good scenario for a nasty tangle. I read several reports this week of people wrapping riggers and diver lines or copper lines around each other.... I did get 6 lines into the water, but when the first fish (a laker off the deep 110 rigger on the green killer NBK) came and got tangled in the high setting on that rigger, cause lines were sideways, I decided to only drop one line back down. I yanked the high dispy on the port side and ran only 4 lines the rest of the morning.

After trolling out NW to about 200 fow and battling currents and no more hits....I am sure due to the currents below that without a subtroll, i have no idea how fast the lures were going...we turned and headed east with the waves (much easier :D ) Soon after in 170fow, the mag diver set back 200ft with a white/crush green glow SD and blue hammer fly took a rip and my daughter had to put down her book for a nice 9-10lb king. (remember the part about book later).... After a nice 15 minute fight we had it to the back of the boat when the deep rigger took another rip and my son was into an 8lb laker. Thank God we were trolling with the waves, which for me is like autopilot! ;) So king into boat, pictures taken and fish into cooler for a few friends that have complained I am not bringing them my bounty! And we get the laker into the boat...beautiful color....FAT laker, pictures and back into Lake O, without crapping up my boat!!

Reset lines as we continued to make out way east.....getting shallower as we went. I was talking to Upgrady (Hans) who was fishing out of IBay and said his screen was loaded at the 140-150fow range and then we hit that depth and same screen here to the east. Lots of bait and good marks 80-110 foot down...right where the riggers were parked. Took three more hits, another laker on the green NKB and a small brown on the 42second spoon at 90foot. My daughter, who was continuing to read her book and get some sun on the bow of the boat, was now feeling the ill effects of reading in waves that were now 3 footers. It was snotty out there and she decided it was best if we tried chumming the waters. Needless to say, we pulled lines and got back to shore so she could rest a bit. Probably for the best, as I tried running back into the waves at one point and that was futile, so unless we wanted to troll to Sodus, we were gonna have to stop anyways. All in all, a beautiful day...time with the kids....and we caught a few fish to keep us smiling!!!!

Now lets see what this afternoon holds! I'm off on vacation til Thursday!

Tight Lines all and HAPPY 4th of July!!!

Jason