Trolling Speed: 2.8

Down Speed: 1.2 - 3.0

Boat Depth: 60 - 90 (pm)/70-300 (am)

Lure Depth: 60 - 80'

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

7-1 PM

Headed west out of port and fished out to 160' and back to 60' the best screen was in the 80' area. The current was rippin a quick check of NOAA confirmed the intensity of the current and that my indicators were right. We had to crank up the speed going to the west just to get 2 mph and when we turned it was equally difficult to hold a speed around the magical 2.5. As a result we were not catching fish. I began to dig into my boxes for my slow lures and pulled out a MILLER 44 hammered. Put it down 55' on the outdown and game on for the browns. The small moonshine geezer also took a couple of fish including a laker from 63 degree water!? As it would turn out the evening was a good primmer for the next day!

7-2

Not a good morning, we ended up with a late start, snagged and broke off a 300' copper, snapped the 500' copper when a screamer slammed the yellow echip/Moonshine green jeans fly and only had 3 little fish in the box at 11:30. We had fished the inside water from the point to the glass house with only 1 little brown and 1 other hit, we then turned north and trolled to the 26N line picking up another brown in 140 fow and a small king in the deep water. The deep water is also where we snapped off the big fish, but the action was very slow and the screen was blank prompting us to pull and run back to 80 fow where we saw the bait earlier (note to self: "never leave fish to find fish" the words of Butch [shongo] Tiberio).

We reset lines in 110' and headed east, downtemp looked good so we squeezed in a little closer to shore when the 60' rigger took off with the fish of a lifetime for young Collin.

Collincomp.jpg

We reset and continued our troll to the east, then began to work a small area with decent action on each pass. We noticed that rods would fire each time we crossed the 78 fow line so we nailed our speed down and began a westward troll in a zig-zag between 70 and 80'. The riggers were active, but the dipsys were dead quiet so we re-rigged them into stealth mode and dropped them back. The stealth presentation of Moonshines Bad Tad and Bish's Bruiser was the ticket and before long we loaded the box with some heavy browns including this 15 year old's monster:

andyscalecomp.jpg

Here are todays lures:

lures72.jpg

Left to right: Bish's Bruiser, Little Bruiser, Bad Tad, Green Shorts

Good report and beauty of a brown!

Shawn

Yep, 16 - 4 thought he would be on top of the leaderboard for a couple of days, but Ed and Jim would have none of it and went right out to where we left 'em and got one 2 pounds bigger!!! :yes::yes:

...........Guess I should have made another pass!!