Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 22

Total Boated: 18

Species Breakdown: Brown Trout

Hot Lure: NK monkey puke, NK 42nd spoon, Last Strike yellow / orange and purple tape

Trolling Speed: 2.2 - 2.4

Down Speed: getting fixed

Boat Depth: 95 - 105

Lure Depth: 80 - 85

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

I fished with my youngest son but we almost decided not to go. However, we had a feeling that it could possibly be a great fishing day with the weather fronts lurking. We love to fish on those type of days and done well in the past.

We decided to target brown trout and were on the water by about 6:45am. The fishing was great! We hammered the brown trout and had 20 knock offs and boated 18 fish. We had a several doubles.

The bite was steady all morning but had to quit fishing at 11am. We probably caught 7 fish between 7 - 9 lbs and took 2 fish that were 11lbs and 13lbs. Many of the larger fish were caught on slide divers - 70' back from diver and about 213' of braided line out from the diver.

The 2 biggest fish were caught on the same lure (last strike) which we nicknamed grampa's juice. This was one of several lures that were given to us by my mother in-law when my father in-law passed away. We love to run them and think of him often.

Good luck and be safe.

Rich

Summer_2012_Derby_007.jpg