Species Breakdown:1 king, 5 lakers

Hot Lure: rattle snake SD/atomik fly

Trolling Speed: 2.5-3.5mph

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 120-160

Lure Depth: 90-100

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

left our house in Palmyra wind was dead calm NOAA weather report said waves 1foot or less. Got to bear Creek around 5 wind was whipping we were reluctant about going out with our little 17 foot tracker deep V. went out anyways waves were 2-3 feet started around 120FOW and headed east right off the bat reel was screaming let my buddy real it in and he landed a 21lb king on the rattlesnake SD with attomik fly.

HPIM2929.jpg

few minutes later same lure caught a nice laker

0708120646.jpg

few more minutes same lure caught another laker and another laker. then the NBK SD caought a little 3lb laker.

0708120621.jpg

the waves were getting worse and worse but the fish were hitting with a vengence, my buddy was having trouble keeping his breakfast down lol.

0708120740.jpg

the waves started coming over the boat and we had to call it quits. anyone no where to get a real weather report?

====================

You won't find an "accurate" wave report... there just isn't such a thing. Some days the waves will start at 1ft, then build to 3ft, then subside to 1ft... so I suppose if they say 2ft or less on average they are right ;)

There are a few webcams I utilize, the Sodus Lighthouse and Webster shore webcams are two. They at least let me see what the lake looks like prior to driving the boat out. I also utilize weather.com and check their hourly weather forecast to see what they predict for wind... they tend to be at least close if you add 5mph (since the wind always seems to be stronger on the lake). Then just from past experience I can judge if 10mph out of the North vs South will be rough. If it's rough through the night, chances are any wind from the N/W will keep it rough. Anytime the wind will be out of the south it is usually pretty nice. East winds tend to be nice as well, although if it's blowing hard the waves will be small but hit you hard making it not much fun.

Hope that helps.

Nick