Species Breakdown: Kings, Steelhead

Hot Lure: White/green dot SD/green HAMMER glow

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.2-2.5

Boat Depth: 160-500

Lure Depth: 50-90

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Got a late start because one of my partners had his 25th Class reunion. Got to the port at 8:00am with intentions of setting up where we found heavy bait on Friday evening. ( so thick at one point it marked the bait as bottom :lol: ) My partners and I have been running a simple setup off our boat lately and has been proving itself, one rod off each rigger and one slide dipsy. No fish and a small column of 50 degree water so we instantly pulled after 15 mins and ran out from 180FOW out to 250. Ran the probe into the water and found a better column of water down there. Not to long after we hit a king. Running probe rigger in 51 degree water and our other rigger 10' below. Our tactic for the day worked well for us hit a fish cirlced the area few times grinded a few more and kept moving out and out as each spot died off. Finally got out to 460' of water with 3 fish in the boat and nailed a huge steelhead, gave us quite the show but ended up throwing the hook on a 5 ft aerial front flip he pulled on us it was an amazing sight to watch as my buddy battled him. Our hottest action came from 1:30-3:00 PM when we decided to move in where we hit a fish early. As we trolled in we ran over the other areas that produced fish/hits with nothing producing, finally being at our last area in 340 FOW they started a feeding frenzy. Don't recall how many fish we caught in that time period but I believe 8 out of the 11 with being able to release 2 of the smaller kings back to the deep blue. We were up to our ears in fish so bad that they were ripping it off the release while sending the rigger down! AMAZING day for us, and certainly a lot more bait/action than our last 4 times out of Oswego. We had quite the day and produced a lot of low to mid 20's range fish. Time to fill the smoker and have some :beer::beer::beer: !

====================

IMG00949.jpg

IMAG1189.jpg