Saneca 7/25/12

out at 8:40 am from Clute. 55 - 70 feet the bait fish were so thick my ff was confused. tried jigging with blade jig, and only got saw-bellies. Trolled around about 150- 200 ft

with dipsey - SD - fly out 225, down-rigger at 60ft flasher spoon, nothing.

went to the west side and put out my old Seth rig with three leaders and my Sutton #44 spoons. over 70ft I banged the lead off bottom and headed out to 80ft

immediately hooked a 4lb brown! As soon as I got back down another brown a little over 6lb. Seneca tour boat sees me a lot and thinks I am nuts because my boat

will not stay straight when I let go of the tiller to fight a fish. put back down and had a big fish rip out a lot of line had him on for about 2 min before he got bored and left

with one of the Sutton's. Found a small land lock on the top line while trying to land the big one. put down again and got a small land-lock and a 12inch rainbow on the remaining

two spoons.

the Tiki was just opening so went in. back out and the wind picked up from the north, so I pulled copper over 80ft with a pflueger #4 on bottom. kept getting good fish, but I

could only land two 4lbers and under. 5-10 pulls and a fish would hit.

got frustrated and packed up and went home. P.S. No fleas!! very little salad!

Dick B.