Dipsy sizes

I have been searching for the past 2 hrs. and have found some good info but not exactly what I was looking for. I currently do not run any dipsys but want to desperately. I have 1 dipsy that is 4-1/8" with the ring. I would like to run 1 more on the opposite side of my boat but can not decide on the size. I currently run a downrigger on 1 side (not double stacked.) All of my rods are outfitted with power pro braid. This dipsy gig is new to me but I would like to be able to fish deeper water instead of waiting until the fish start to move in.

What size dipsy should I purchase to achieve depths of 50' on braid? Also needed to be taken into consideration is the setting on the dipsy. And I will be running some sort of spoon or fly.

Thanks,

Chas

heres a start.. http://www.landbigfish.com/articles/default.cfm?ID=1026

2nd daves right normaly we run #1 and you can hit around 100' down with 300' of wire out, to hit 50' its about 150' out. just take the depth u want and x3 should put close.

we run 4 dipsy's, 2 with #1 and 2 with mags on the inside, with keeping the inside ones with less line out to seprate things alittle and the mags dive faster. i realy dont sugest running a free slider on your rigger when running 4 dipsy's things like to get realy tangled but can be done on realy calm days

great luck and tight lines to you

Just finished the article good reading.

What conversion would i need to use when putting the dipsy on a #1 or .5 setting? I have #1 size dipsys in black and chartreuse aLlnd snubbers. I would like to run my rigger straight down and the dipsys out to the side a little.

[ Post made via iPod ] iPod.png