fished around old forge last week. sunday i took the canoe to lake durant. same old story there,6 hours and nothin. the rest of the week i fished the fulton chain. pike fishing was good,caught about 40 over 5 days. most were 2 footers,with some bigger. biggest was 36. big surprise was the bass. caught about a dozen and none were small.

2012_07_269509_31_5795266.jpg

this jug was 22". i caught all the bass and pike on yellow and fire tiger hair baits in shallow water.

0728120700a.jpg

there was a bear around every day,got a shot saturday am.

0724121325a.jpg

tuesday morning a bear tore into this building around 10 am right in town. the dec guy said there was a bee hive in the wall

No tigers huh? I am headed up to fulton chain labor day weekend. I have seen some big ones in there... At least you had some pike/bass action. Those lakes can be real tough, at least in my experience. never heard the jet ski rule before but i am lovin it!

as you come out of the narrows into first lake there is a string of hazard bouys on the right that wraps around the first point. i caught the most fish staying on the bouys and casting in. when you get on the first point you can see another one about 150 yards away. there is a fabulous log home on the point with a half dozen wood bears on the lawn. i caught the biggest pike of the week off that point slow rollin a big fire tiger spinnerbait in 18ftow.