Hot Lure: Moonshine Raptor

Trolling Speed: 2.6

Down Speed: 2.6

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth: 60-90

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Got to the boat early to install a radio, got it half way in when the afternoon crew arrived. Jumped on the boat backed out of the silp, put it in forward and NO GO. Boat ran fine last evening, but no forward gear in the 4 month old since total ($800) rebuild.

SOOOO.............Call my buddy Jeff from the King and I and we load up his boat and go fishing. We set lines at the 26N line and began a north troll. Nothing out to the 28N where I take the wheel and begin a circle then straighten out on a SE troll and Boom Dipsy(225), BOOM rigger (75)miss, then other dipsy (250). Kept turning and hit a few each time we came around to the SE troll. Dipsy combos were WMD and gator/green.

What was really cool was having Bill Abraham - retired region 8 DEC Fisheries Biologist on board. Between the two of us we pretty much solved all the problems with the fishery as well as improve it beyond imagination!!!

The transmission was rebuilt in march by L & L Transmission here in Batavia. It was not broken, just figured that it could use a go thru while it was out of the boat. It will be interesting to see what they say when I show up with it just 4 months later with a blown front seal. It will be nice if they stand behind it!!

Carl to bad bout transmission. Two years ago out of Olcott my boat did same thing and it ended up being the coupler. Hope them dudes make it right to you, that sucks when that happens even after you actually took precautionary measures. Ive been there.