Hot Lure: green dot nuclear spin doctor with matching atommik fly

Trolling Speed: 2.2-3.2

Down Speed: don't know, debating fish hawk or sub troll to buy

Boat Depth: 115-175

Lure Depth: 100-50

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Had to put Momay's name in there to give credit where credit is due. I haven't been able to get out in about 3 weeks because of a dead boat and it's been killing me. his reports have got me through, so to speak, and the latest one was spot on. noticed a few other boats out in that area so there must be a few people reading his reports ;) .

got a new boat that has been great so far. this was my first crack at lake O since I got it and rigged it up. was solo tonight because buddies too busy. wasted too much time setting up with false trips on the riggers. when i finally had it all set up, had a mag dipsy with 20lb mono 200ft with spin doc 42nd and atommik matching fly, rigger at 90(dw wonderbread spoon and dw ss 42nd spoon cheater), and rigger at 100(NK mag NBK and NK black/purple spoon cheater). trolled from 115 out to 140 and started marking bait schooled up in a number of areas. first hit was on the NBK spoon but no one home. set up again and the cheater DW SS 42nd nabbed me a nice 25lb male king. this king took me a good 20 mins to get in. as soon as i had him netted, the dipsy rod fired and i pulled in a thumper 10lb brown. a few minutes to breath and reset, and the dipsy rod fired again with a 5lb brown.

not incredible numbers, but i had so much fun tonight. became obvious that i need to replace my 10 lb balls with 12's for my riggers and i need to consider switching over to wire for the dipsies. depth is a bit of a problem in august for me with my current gear.

not incredible numbers, but i had so much fun tonight. became obvious that i need to replace my 10 lb balls with 12's for my riggers and i need to consider switching over to wire for the dipsies. depth is a bit of a problem in august for me with my current gear.

You should honestly take a look at the 13# A-TOM-MIK Torpedoes. Balls are just not streamlined, although they do track nicely. Wire would definitely be a good change up, but you better learn to be anal about making sure that wire never gets loose on you.

Way to go and thanks for the kind words. There's plenty of thanks to go 'round to hundreds of other anglers on this site who help us all out on a daily basis - guys like Bobs-Boy, Yankee Troller, Missdemeanor, Longline, Pike Hunter, good ol' Ray K, Gambler, WWIV, Reeljerks, Upgrady and the list goes on and on to many of these great guys who also help me on this great site.

What a great year its been - be safe and good luck out there,

- Chris