Echo One Fair Haven Challenge

The Echo One team consisted of Jack, Chaz, Kristen, and myself Kyle.

Friday:

We got out on friday around 5:15am to pre-fish for saturday. Our goal was to search around and try to find where the fish were.We had a nice calm lake and set up in 85FOW. The screen was LOADED!!! We started to piont north and put down two riggers and two dipsys to start with free slider on one rigger and one was stacked. We had spoons on riggers and spin doctor fly combos on dipsys. Our first fish was about a 20lb king which came of the rigger pulling a NK. We worked out to 200 feet of water and then headed it back south to go through the big hooks. On our way in we sent 450ft of copper out on the board pulling a spin doctor with meat. That ended up rotting all day. ;( When We got in to 100FOW Jack turned to head back out as we did not get anything. As he finished the turn the 90ft rigger rigger fired! :clap: a 24lb king hit a gator spoon off the free slider. It was slow for awile and jack pionted it north. We made it all the way out to 550ft and headed it east. Jack had a green e-chip on the 110ft rigger which got a 10 lb king out there. On the way in we mised one hit on the rigger. We called it a day at 1pm and went 3 for 4. The strange thing is that we did not have a hit on dipsys all day!

Saturday: Got to the boat at 5:00am and every one was ready to have a fun day on the water! :) As we got out to the lake and there was a hard south wind. We shut down in 65 feet of water and waited till 6:00am. The screen was loaded as it was friday morning. We decided to run a four rod program with free sliders. By 6:40 I fought a 4lb brown to the boat that hit an orange spoon on the slider. (Chaz's Rigger) By 7:30 The same rod fired and kristen was fighting a 5lb brown to the boat which hit a purple glow green froggy down 65feet. By 7:50 The same set up fired again with the rod with the broken clicker. Kristen grabed the rod and the thing took line away silently! :lol: (Broken Clicker) It took a lot of line and Kristen took her time and fought a 27.95lb king to the boat!! :yes: We debated on running it in for the loc because she is a youth, but decided to keep working the morning bite. As i was in the cuddy getting the next setup to try because my side did not get a hit or fish yet..... Zing zing Zing the dipsy started ripping. I landed a 16lb-17lb king! It was slow after that as we kept trying to change things up and Jack put down a firetiger on the slider and we were able to get a brown to end up going to weigh in 5 for 5. 3Browns and 2 kings.

Before we headed to weigh in we stopped at davenports to weigh in Kristen king which took 1st for the youth salmon at 27.13lb, but is not any more. It was a great fish! Our total box wight was 48 and change which put us at 98 and change points Kristen took Big fish for the event!

Out of the whole weekend we hooked into everything that bit beside a hit and miss on the rigger on friday!!! Sharp hooks! Thanks for the great tournement and fishing! :clap:

hiking_fishing_tournament_039_1.jpg

hiking_fishing_tournament_047_1.jpg