curing single eggs

Looking to cure some salmon eggs to be used as singles. Picked up some cure last week and followed directions to a T but it leaves the eggs pretty watery, guessing more for egg sacks.

Any one have a good single egg cure solution? This is my 1st attempt to cure eggs on my own so any input would be great.

Thanks,

Jeff

Old post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27874&hilit=cure

I've never tried it but might this year. Let us know how it turns out.

I was one of the original posters in that link.

Some more advice - I've also used a market egg cure which you need to disolve in water.

Both methods (salt and sugar in water) or cure mix are good, but it is hugely important to drain

clean eggs of blood and remove excess water after curing. The other trick is dethawing of the eggs.

I find that if I dethaw at room temperature a lot of the eggs shrivel. If I dethaw overnight in the fridge

I get at least 99% recovery rate - and the eggs look good.

Now, something more to the point of the question above. Are you looking to fish with single eggs?

This can be done two ways - still put a single cured egg in a roe bag and use a tiny hook to disguise

this in the bag.

OR

Boil the eggs - yes boil. This thickens the inside - turns it into a gel. It will need to boil around 5 to 10 mins.

These eggs can be directly hooked through and won't burst. It is about the stealthiest setup there is provided

your hook is small enough.