Keuka 9/23 - 9/25

treerat

Another couple days up on Keuka fishing and camping with Dad . We started fishing Sun about 5pm and fished until dark . Two diver rods and two rigger rods all running fly flasher setup . Rigger rods were set at 60' and 70 ' and the 107 walker divers set at 180 and 220' back . We fished the water right out in front of the state park to about a mile south of the launch . Did not mark many fish south most of our fish came north of the launch . We ended up catching eight Lake trout including a triple on at one time .Almost had all the rods going at once as the fourth rod fired jut after we got the third fish in .

Monday am fished pretty much same setup but stayed out in front of the state park . we missed quite a few on the rigger rods picking up most of our fish on the diver rods . think we ended up catching seven in the morning .

Got back to the launch and we met 4 people going out for the day . One was an older gentleman that my Dad knew from work . This guy has been in bad health the last few years and They were having troubles getting the boat off the trailer . So I assisted them in doing that and helping them get The older Guy into the boat .

When we got back out in the Pm .we saw these guys coming back in So we ran back to the Launch to assist them again .They ended up getting a few fish during the day . Had another good visit with these people .

We ended up with quite a short evening of fishing but managed five fish . Same set up except went with mag divers . Mag divers were back 150 -170 .

Tuesday morning did not start well . Dad fell in the lake as we were launching . He insisted that we stayed and fish . We got one fish and missed one before calling it a day . Dad was shivering so we only fished about 45 minutes . It was quite breezy also making boat control difficult .

So it was a pretty good weekend for the most part . Not sure when my next fishing outing will be . Saturday Pa archery deer season starts and Monday is a new license year in Ny . Keuka camping season ends on Oct 21st . No hunting in Pa on Sundays So I might make a couple of day trips in Oct and Nov .

Good luck this fall