Meat in the Freezer

Ronnie D

Back in the early morning on October 20th this guys neck had a target on it. My buddy at the other end of the field took a poke at this guy and it walked away from him jumped through a hedge and walke all the way over to my stand. He walked up about 40 yards away and it was quite windy day but I was feeling good and confident with my Bear epix extreme bow so I gave a little Nayh and he stopped for a second , then started again. another Nayh and he stopped and really look around and whamo I let fly. I really though I missed as I watched him walk away in a different direction than he was going. I got down and checked the area and found a nice drop of bright red but thick blood so I let it have some more time. About 150 yards later, all in a straight line I found this guy while on my hands and knees because he ran out of blood. Ended up that we had both hit im in the neck. his shot was more of a graze and then mine went right through both main veins in the neck.

After 3 years of getting skunked without even a shot, 'if its brown its down' was all I had in mind. After the kill I keep reminding myself, you cant eat the antlers. I am pretty sure this deer was older because he didnt have any teeth left except for the fronts (either that or he was sick some how and I am going to die). Either way, the steaks are very tasty!

deer2.jpg

heres another shot of my friend taking a nap in the truck.

http://fin.tzo.com/~xingtau/general/deer1.jpg

-Ron-