Cabela's new Ct. store

big easy

We went to the new Cabelas in E.Hartford Ct. last saturaday,and while it's very impressive,i was very dissapointed in the Trout and Salmon department.

They basically have no selection for Trout spoons for tons of us guys that troll the new england lakes.

The great lakes selection is even worse.I would have thought that they would have had a decent selection of spoons like Mooselooks, Suttons, Speedy shiners, or Flash kings,all of which are extremely poupular for trout and landlocks in New England,and New york.

The great lakes selection consisted of a few dipsies, a couple Spin Doctors,and a very weak selection of silver streak spoons.

Cabelas refers to this store as a destination store,so i would think that should incude a large geographic region,such as New England and new york.Also i know that we're coming in to the winter months,but i would think that they would have at least a minimum inventory of trout stuff.They had lots of "Bass tackle.

I asked a couple of employees if they would be increasing thier selection,but they didn't know.The other departments,like rods and reels did seem to be very well stocked, with a huge selection,and overall the store is pretty impressive.

I sent a respectful email to them voicing my dissapointment and received a reply stating that they appreciate hearing from sportsmen regarding their stores,and they would look into my concerns.

I just hope that they put Dicks out of business.

In the meantime, and in the future,i'll continue to buy most of my Lake Ontario equipment from local tackle shops in the NY area,as i think it's important to keep the local independent guys in business.

I was wondering if anyone else has been to the new store,and if so what did you think?

Big Easy. I used to make a knock off of the spoon called "Top Gun". Mine was called a B3. (Bad Brads Blades) This is a great sized spoon for LL Salmon. It comes in a ton of colors. There is a store in Merideth NH called AJ's Bait and tackle. He handles the Top Gun and has a color chart on his website. He will ship to your location. Ask for Alan.

Also, Pagus Bay Sports in Laconia NH carries a spoon that is called a DB Smelt. Ask for Jay at the shop. He can hook you up with some great colors. Pricey but worth it.

Check out www.fishlakewinni.com for links and info for up that way.

I am heading out to the new BPS in Foxboro Ma. in a half hour. I dont expect to find much for trolling but I will report what I find. Its a field trip for my 9 YO son. He has never been in a Superstore yet. Wonder if I can get out without spending a buck. He said he wants to wear his Gander Mtn. hat he got at the Little Salmon River Challenge. LOL

Went Sunday with my 9 YO son. It was awesome. I have been to other BPS and Cabelas and a Gander Mtn. before but this place is really over the top.

Dont expect to find much in the way for trolling but I knew that going in there. If you are a rooster tail fan they have a big selection. Lots of saltwater stuff too.

Its 2 levels, ground and basement. 2 elevators for the physically challegned, snack bar and the furniture section looks out the glass back wall onto what looks to be a casting pool under progress. Nice place to take a break before sensory overload.

Too much to explain, you just have to make the trip down yourself. The looks and the excitment from my son made it a special day. Had to leave some $$$. I bought him a Jr. Browning compound bow set up. He is in heaven now!!!!

If you go, Go like you normally go to the Patriots stadium and go 1 mile past the stadium and its up on the left. Plenty of signage.

Enjoy.

Brad