WTB LCD HEADING DISPLAY FOR A TR-1 GLADIATOR AUTOPILOT

I'm not aware that the TR1 comes with a readout. I have the TR1 Gold, and don't know anything about the Gladiator. I'm assuming both are made by Garmin.

For me, I watch my GPS (with chip) to watch position and heading. Speed is monitored by watching my FishHawk for lure speed and surface speed. Many fishfinders give you the surface speed. So will a GPS.

The TR1 is adjusted to give me corrections I want based upon what info I get from all the other units.

don, you are correct, the tr-1 does not come with a display. but a display was offered by naumatic for the tr-1 to be bought seperately, and that's what i was looking for.

my previous boat had a sport pilot+ on it and i used the display for making sure how many degrees i have adjusted the pilot for.

unfortunately the gps will only give you a heading reading after you have turned. i use the display to show what i have told the autopilot to do. ie i'm heading 240 degrees, i need a 20 degree correction so i put in a change. the display will show that i have changed my command to 260. i now know the boat will go to 260 . he gps will only change from 240 to 260 as we turn.

i thought you trgold came with a display?

The TR1-Gold has no display, but many programable features. Such as: circles (variable distances) steps (L/R, variable), Zig-zag (L/R, variable), auto-turns (L/R, variable degrees), turns (turn to a direction and release button), MOB (R/L), and all/most can be done in reverse also. I believe it also capable of navigating to a pre-selected waypoint.

The throttle control lets you increase/decrease rpm's in small increments by pressing a button once or holding it down and quickly make fast adjustments either way. There is an idle/resume button to press for fighting fish and returning to pre-determined course and speed.

My operation as described in previous post, is monitored with speed/temp probe, GPS, and fish-finder. I use it only for trolling (kicker motor), the GPS for running with the main motor.