Oswego Net Pens

We will be pulling the pens out throughout this week. On April 7, Sunday we plan on working on them.

Not 100% sure the extent of the work needed but I know we need to replace a few of the ends with new steel mesh.

Oswego east side Charter Marina (End of Rt 481)

HELP NEEDED

Required items needed if available: Gloves, wire cutters, cordless drills, pliers, crescent wrenches(for 3/4 to 1"), utility knives      

Tom

315-207-0391

[email protected]

UPDATE:

After a thorough inspection of the pens today I noticed a bit more wear than I would of liked to:

1) I have purchased enough steel mesh screen to replace 6 ends out of 4 pens. We will need to remove the existing old steel mesh which was riveted on. I purchased a few hundred self drilling screws and washers for adhering the new mesh. The self drilling screws have a 5/16" head on them, I picked up 3 drill sockets in 5/16 but we may need more

2) I also picked up a few chisels in case we have to chisel the old aluminum rivets off for a better fit of the new mesh with the new screws, a few more chisels may also be needed, I have a couple hammers but a few more of them may help as well.

3) The fabric nylon mesh on top of a few of the pens I feel can be mended one more time to get us through one more year, I have plenty of zip ties don't forget your cutters.

4) I bought some new ropes we'll have to check all ropes as well

5) The one thing I couldn't find today were the large bolts needed to hold the doors in place, these are various sizes from -I'm guessing 3/8", 7/16", 1/2", 9/16", to 5/8"- and they vary from 2" to 3 1/2" long, we would only need a few of each

So to add to the list:

Chisel, hammers, 5/16 drill sockets, large bolts

Tom

Tom,

I work right down the street from Hiawatha Fasteners here in North Syracuse.  If you want me to pick up some hardware I can do that.  Should I pickup 4 of each of the above listed sizes?  Also do they need matching nuts as well?

Tom