We fished again out of sodus this am.  We ran right out to 150 FOW at about 6:30 and set up the same as yesterday- 6 board lines with 2-3 split shot and small red spoons, and 2 riggers set at 8 and 14 feet with DW SS size spoons.  It was 1-2 foot chop to start, and very quickly the NW kicked up and the seas built.  We trolled out into it towards our waypoints from yesterday, and when we crossed 220 FOW we doubled up, a laker on the 8 foot rigger and a nice steelie on a top line.  We continue to troll north to 260 FOW without another touch.  By then the waves were about 2-4, so we turned and trolled with it to the SE.  In the next hour or so we would manage 4 more goes, an even mix of steel and lakers.  we ended up 4 for 6 in about 2 hours of fishing, so not too bad.

By about 8:50, after riding a few 4-5 footers, and popping lines due to trolling at almost 4 MPH on low idle coming off of waves, we decided to call it a day.  What a disappointment, as the fishing was good and they are still there to be had.  It was fishable, but really really annoying and starting to build even more; we didnt want to test our luck!  In the end we got back to the dock with our people and equipment all safe so we will take that as a win.

I have to work next weekend, so I will be back in 2 weeks.  Good luck everyone!

Abe

We fished the same two days with similar results we did manage a couple of kings though one ten and one thirteen pounds. Are best water was 280 to 400. Sat morning got pretty snotty out deep so we were done by about ten. We were 15 for 18 on fri and sat we lost count probably about twenty hits.

Yeah man I hated to leave so early Saturday cause they were there and biting, but I couldn't keep speed or direction to save my life and fishing in those conditions is so mentally exhausting...

Lol, I had a steelie hit a rigger 8 down and 80 back and PASS the boat before it tripped the rigger- crazy