Smart Troll Data on copper/core - time to rethink depth

Hey fellow fishermen/women,

I came across this very interesting post on true depth of running a 300' copper or ten color core based on the new Smart Troll system:

http://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/forums/showthread.php?p=132182#post132182

I know some folks are already starting to use the Smart Troll system. I find this extremely interesting, yet I wonder if it will clash with simple instinct/experience that we already use. I must say, I think this is something I'd like to add to my boat in the off season. The good news is the lines are running higher than we think instead of deeper. I'd love to see some Dipsy diver numbers some day, although I can imagine early on anglers using this system will be a bit secretive about releasing their personal data.

Really neat stuff!

Good luck to all on the water,

Chris

Disclaimer - I have no ties to Smart Troll, Blood Run copper or any other product mentioned here. I'm simply a weekend warrior with too much time on his hands......

Couldnt open the app but there is alot to be said about the smart troll. I have used it on a limited basis since april and it is amazing the difference in where we think things are. Still working on getting the system working fully but I can tell you one thing for sure. When you are running two riggers at the same depth one with a prob on it and one without there is only 1 foot of difference between them. More testing to be done once I get my my zystem working again.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Lake Ontario United mobile app