From Southern Michigan

Fellow Fishers,    Found this site a few days ago, great information with great members. I am from southern Michigan, 25 miles from the Indiana line, and 525 miles from Penn Yan. I have always fished for walleyes and perch in the U.P. of Michigan, and need to learn the tricks for Lake Trout and Perch on Kueka Lake. Our daughter has a summer home on the northend across from the water treatment plant near Penn Yan. Fished for perch a few years ago in late May and Lake Trout last June. After reading the forums here it seems that the perch fishing is best around end of March first of April and than in late October. We took a charter out of Hammondsport last June to learn,and now we have been successful with the trout around Kueka College. We are always on Kueka Lake around the week of June 14 or so for granddaughters birthday the 19th. really need help with the perch at that time. Waht do you all use (rod action, line and setups) and where would I try to get a few meals?  Not asking for gps locations, just general areas would be great. Have 18' deep v with all the toys.Any help is deeply appreciated.  Thanks