inboard transmissions

Hey guys. Does anyone know where a good place to find used or maybe new inboard tranmsissions. Looking for prices on one to pair with a Volvo 454 to Volvo MS5A 1.92:1 gear ratio. Starboard side. Please if you know any leads.... Maybe even a full set possibly a slightly different ratio?

Nick

Edited by lakebound88

I would scrap the Volvo trannys for a pair of Hurths, I did it when I blew one. They will bolt right on. And I would also use a dampening plate from crusader on that starboard motor since it will be the opposite rotation tranny. Low speed tranny clink won't be annoying. I would only deal with Marysville marine in Ohio. When you call ask for Brian he is one of the best in the business. Phone number is 608 825 3878. Keep in mind when you change your ratio you may have to tweak your prop pitch. No biggie but something you may want to consider.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Tall Tails

Thanks. I found a boat that needs a transmission as one was stolen. I am looking into costs to see if deal was worth it. I will call them today to check pricing. Thanks Brian.