I tried to fish for browns yesterday, but the warm water was piled up inside and the thermocline was 75-80 feet out of Olcott. Heading back out today and tomorrow. Normally we fish where the thermocline meets the bottom as we did yesterday but only managed 1 dink brown. Is that the right think to do or should we ignore the temp and fish shallower where they usually are??? Any help would be great!

You deffinately have the right idea.  But I have found in the past that sometimes the browns can be very temperature tolerant, and have found them in water 60 degrees.  I'm sure there are other guys on here that have caught them in similar water, and probably even warmer. 

Another thing that you should consider looking at is a good navigation chart, that will show you any nuainces in the bottom, like ridges running north of points, or drop offs.  Many times after warm water moves in those areas can hold pockets of colder water, and the browns will move right into those spots, instead of moving out into deeper water. 

I used to work for a captain out of Sodus when I was kid, and when ever warm water got blown in he knew of a few places that would hold cold water, and there were browns there every time.

Good Luck.

65 degree water is no problem to a brown.  Most don't fish shallow enough for summer browns.  I would find where the thermocline meets the bottom.....then use that as your outside border and fish water shallower to that point of reference.  Don't be afraid to put something right on the bottom.

Thanks! Couldn't fish Sunday due to to waves, but Monday we got back out. When we started the themocline was about 10' down in close. We caught 6 browns and a little coho in 26 - 33 fow. I caught one 14 lbs 10oz and a few other really nice ones. My brother lost a screamer that took out 150' of line and got off (pretty sure it was a king). Then he hooked another hawg brown that busted the swivel. It was pretty busy for a couple hours then the wind started and screwed the temp all up. It got cold everywhere fast and the fish and bait all disappeared. Great morning!