Seneca 8/20/13

Met Sk8man at Sampson State Park launch at ~ 4:15 yesterday afternoon for an evening troll.  We were targeting bows and landlocks, but it was tough conditions as the fleas and weeds were everywhere.  We did manage one 7-8lb laker on a thermocline rig down maybe 75ft over 450fow.  Regardless of the fishing, it was a beautiful day on the water and great to meet a fellow fisherman. 

Thanks Les for taking me out on your boat and teaching me some new techniques!  I had a great time talking fishing and it was nice to meet you in person.

Sean

I believe I saw you guys out. I was just south of Sampson from six-830 in about 125 fow. There were some active fish there. Middle of the lake was slow for me. Good job guys

Nick

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Same here Sean. Maybe we can do again in the Fall when things tend to settle down in terms of water quality. I guess this is why historically I have fished for perch in August.. :)

I know this pic is not great (out of focus) but it gives you an idea of what one of the lampreys looked like just as it was disconnecting

post-145411-0-40841700-1377108706_thumb.jpg