Canandaigua canandaigua

Fished out of woodville 9:30 to 3:00 today with a buddy. We ran 6 lines on riggers ranging from 40' to 70' with mostly green/silver/white colored spoons. We picked up a 5.2 lb rainbow about 10:30 down 59' and had a couple of other releases with nothing to show for. After 12:00 we got into the lakers picking up 5, the largest right at 5 lbs. most fish were caught trolling the mile north from white rock on east shore. We had no releases trolling south on the east shore. 1 laker caught on west shore trolling south. 3 lakers were on the 60' to 70' lines, 2 of them on the 40'. Fish and bait were inside the 100 fow contour. Catch rate was acceptable for us giving the time of day we were forced to fish, trailering in from the west. In hindsight we should have spent less time trolling south on the east shore after we picked up on the trend....water fleas were present and a slight nuisance.

Nice going and good report....pretty similar to the conditions we fished yesterday at the northern half.... similar depths etc. so the thermocline still seems pretty stable...I just wonder where the browns are....must be in closer and toward the bottom where the temp connects with it....kind of a puzzle to figure out...keeps it interesting.

Not sure about the browns, have never targeted them on this lake. I may be wrong but assume my lures were a bit big and not the right colors? I usually use smaller lures, and copper/orange combos for browns. I probably should have put a couple out, but the temptation to target the rainbows here is tough to fight. Have you done well with the browns on this lake, and what's your usual approach?

Usually a couple lines run way back with light leaders, very small spoons or sticks various colors often run on diagonals from the shore outward. There have been some very big ones in here but lately haven't been catching any at all.