New to Lake Ontario Fishing

longbow

Hello, just a quick shout out.  Fishing out of Hughes Marina near Pultneyville.  My wife and I bought a pretty nice 5th wheel there last summer and just 2 weeks ago purchased a Pro LIne 24' from a fella that bought a Penn Yan 22.5.  The fella included everything with the boat, Penn down riggers, Fish Hawk, Fish Finder, GPS, and auto pilot and a whole bunch of other stuff including a very nice dual axle trailer.  We are calling the boat the The Klondike Willy.  Named after my first 2 PB's that have passed. 

Boat has a OptiMax 225 on the back and I am using sea anchors for trolling that work wonderfully.  Anyways just learning trolling techniques along with planer board stuff, dispy diver stuff etc.etc.  Half the fun is buying the stuff to equip the boat for the different types of fishing we will be doing.  I find that I am partial to Penn USA made reels for trolling and using old Sutton spoons.  My brother gave me of ton of his FInger Lakes stuff and am very grateful for that.  Also Mackeral who lives in back of us gave me a boat warming present of a an Okuma reel and Shimano trolling rod.  Pre cursor to the Convector series.  But still for just down rigger fishing Penn 300 series and the 209's are great.  Kind of like old Harley's.  Anyways I'll be seeing ya and watching and learning.  It sure is fun.  thanks