Canandaigua 10-29-13 beautiful day to be out there...

Well I was about to mow the lawn about 10 AM and I said "screw it"  (with the wind down) and hitched up the boat and headed for the launch ramp. Turned out I was the only one there....a little  different than in the summer :lol:  I dropped the two downriggers with sticks as main lure and small spoon as sliders and set  to 40 and 50 ft. (Surface temp 55.6 degrees but I didn't see anything up there). Put out a 44tx board on braid out100 ft. with small dipsey and small Sutton spoon. Trolled west side to Notre Dame Retreat without a touch....changed out lures several times along the way on everything. Turned to the east and trolled back north closer to the east side but in 180-204 ft. Noticed the downrigger set at 40 with a small Sutton as main lure and another flutter as slider was bouncing but not releasing....popped it and reeled ion a 12 inch brown....first one in past two years here on Canandaigua. I'm still trying to figure them out again...used to get nice ones trolling for rainbows. Threw him back took off OK. A few minutes later downrigger set at 50 ft. pops and line starts going out and down ...lot of arc to the rod felt like a good one....started reeling in and it got heavier and kept heading toward bottom fighting real good....then I felt something give (like the hook in his mouth) but still had something on there ...reeled in a 2 pound or so rainbow on the Little Willy main lure....must have a a good one that got off on the slider (Sutton 31 doctored up)...sure enough hook had tissue on it from his mouth.....had nice double on that one rod....would have been released anyway though...

I fished till 1:30 (heard the lawn calling me from home) :)   The lake was nearly like glass for most of the time....nice just getting out there without the wind.....

The view from back of the boat today

post-145411-0-48870600-1383080741_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-49664500-1383080823_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-97741900-1383080852_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

Way to go les I visited the lake Sunday for my 3rd time and I was not disappointed I also tried for browns did 2 one was around 14" and the other was maybe 12 hahaha but the rainbows where taking numbers to eat some lures did 5 over 3 pounds and a few more that where smaller and I don't know how many lakers all on the south end from 80fow to the middle

Thx Joe. Sounds as though you had it pretty well figured out for not having a lot of experience with this particular lake. 

I forgot to mention earlier that the water in close was crystal clear today and out in the middle (200 ft) there was a huge hatch of those small flea size black colored flies that stick to your boat and there were a bunch of dorsal fins on the top chasing and eating them but I couldn't tell exactly what they were ....suspect rainbows from past experience in looking at their stomach contents but it seemed pretty late in the year for them (flies).