Wanted vexilar or humminbird ice flasher

I've had a Vexilar Fl-20 Ultrapak for a few years now and although "pricey" they stand up better than any other unit on the market (5 years still on same battery - heavy use, same transducer never even a minor problem of any sort with the unit. The zoom is incredible  (6 ft and 12 ft from bottom so most suspended fish marked very well...I watch them coming for the jig and then mess with them). Mine has a dual transducer (9 and 19 degree) but they also now have a tri ducer but basically if you get the basic 12 degree transducer it is all you need. It picks up my smallest jigs clearly and separates targets at 1/2 inch apart. My son has a Hummingbird that he bought at the same time (for less money admittedly) but he has had it into the factory twice for problems and is now on his third battery and second transducer so in total he has paid about the same amount for it with fewer features. The zoom function is by far the most valuable function on the flasher and it outclasses all my other previous flashers going back to 1970 or so put together. I have bit..ed for a while about it not having a digital readout but this year they came out with an add on for all Vexilar flashers for about $50 that seems to work very well (in testing from a dock anyway) so now I'm a perfectly happy camper :) My suggestion is if money ois tight...save up and get one with a zoom and you'll bemuch happier in the long run.

Edited by Sk8man