Ibay to Webster park Saturday 4/12

Launched out of the bay and headed toward Webster pier.  Got a laker on a black shallow diver on a flat line 150 back in 10ft of water.  I bought a bunch of the basspro lures from "the bin" last year and they seem to run pretty well that was where the shallow diver came from.  I think they are Xpro lures?  Any one else use them?? They are pretty easy on the wallet compared to a lot of other brands.  So we got to the pier and did a few loops with nothing.  Saw some other boats getting fish here and there.  We decided to try heading a little deeper and see what happens.  Headed out to sixty but noticed marks in the 50' range about 5-30 deep. Looped bck to 50 and ran plugs on the board. One shallow and one of the rapala deep divers (supposed to go up to 30' deep). And ran spoons on the riggers at 20 and 35' deep one green and orange and one black with white ladder back.  Got another laker on the black spoon.  looped back through the same area three more times following my gps waypoint but no marks at all.  Went back in shallow looped in close to the pier and got a small king (just over legal size but perfect for doing whole in the smoker) on the same black lure from brass pro that we got the laker on earlier.  Read a couple of other reviews this morning and other got fish on brighter colors.  We had rapala firetiger and blue/silver rapala and another off brand in bright gold but black was the color of the day for us. What a great day to be out.  Lake was flat as a cutting board and I was comfortable with just a sweatshirt.  One of these springs I am gonna take the sun seriously once again I have a can of spray on sunscreen in the sidewell of the boat and didn't use it, and once again my face is fried with perfect out line in winter pale white in the shape of my sunglasses.  We meant to take picks but after an early start and loading up on bill grays after getting back we all forgot about it.  No big deal.  Salmon was samll and the lakers were average the upside is they were almost equally spaced 2hrs apart on our 6 hour trip which to me is way better that gettin em all in the first half hour it keeps everyone more excited about the next catch.  As for the small king.  It didn't make the smoker.  I brought a coworker out for his first ontario trip and he thought the deal was he couldnt have any fish since he was just taggin along.  Once I realized he was interested I sent him home with some some tasty young salmon fillets for his dinner and I made sure to show him some pics of what a real lake ontario salmon looks like(showed him the 25lb I got last year which I know isn't the biggest out there but it got his attention).  I think I got him hooked on big lake fishing.  Well it seems I have written a small book this morning.  I guess thats what a 3am pot of coffee in a half hour does.  Well I am off to work.  Good luck to all the guys gettin out today.  Weather is lookin good for a nice day on the lake little rain but a temp that makes us realize summer is on its way.