Finally got the new boat out on her first trip. Fished east of I-Bay Friday morning on a basic inside run. Ended up 7 for 9 on browns and steelies. Nothing of impressive size. I had the privilege of dropping the first fish on the new boat and it definitely felt and looked like the biggest we had on for the morning. Orange was the hot color whether it was a stick or a spoon. The silver and black had some luck too. Did not see much of anything as far as colored water went.

Headed west for the afternoon run and moved out a little deeper. Immediately did a 10lb king on a doctored green and yellow NK and then a handful of browns and steelies again. 6 for 8 on the afternoon. Came in when the lightning started. Coming in on a 24 ft Thompson hard top over a wide open 18 ft Blue Fin in the wind and rain kept us smiling in spite of the weather.

Saturday we went West and the fishing was slow for us. 2 for 4 with a steelie and a king. Not much size to either. Continued to enjoy the bigger boat though as the chop came and went all morning.

The best catch of the weekend was a rod and reel after they were dropped in the lake on a rigger with a fish on the line. Fish didn't release and I jumped over and brought the rigger up and the line was still there. I hand over handed the rod and reel back onto the boat and landed the fish. Ya gotta love a tight release and a small fish sometimes.

Finally got the new boat out on her first trip. Fished east of I-Bay Friday morning on a basic inside run. Ended up 7 for 9 on browns and steelies. Nothing of impressive size. I had the privilege of dropping the first fish on the new boat and it definitely felt and looked like the biggest we had on for the morning. Orange was the hot color whether it was a stick or a spoon. The silver and black had some luck too. Did not see much of anything as far as colored water went.

Headed west for the afternoon run and moved out a little deeper. Immediately did a 10lb king on a doctored green and yellow NK and then a handful of browns and steelies again. 6 for 8 on the afternoon. Came in when the lightning started. Coming in on a 24 ft Thompson hard top over a wide open 18 ft Blue Fin in the wind and rain kept us smiling in spite of the weather.

Saturday we went West and the fishing was slow for us. 2 for 4 with a steelie and a king. Not much size to either. Continued to enjoy the bigger boat though as the chop came and went all morning.

The best catch of the weekend was a rod and reel after they were dropped in the lake on a rigger with a fish on the line. Fish didn't release and I jumped over and brought the rigger up and the line was still there. I hand over handed the rod and reel back onto the boat and landed the fish. Ya gotta love a tight release and a small fish sometimes.

Nice report - thanks for sharing.

I'm glad you got your rod back!

Good luck this year,

Chris