Contemplating whether to launch out of Sandy or the Genny this weekend.

I've been to Sandy this year and it's fine in terms of a launch. 

Does anyone have input on the Genny launches? Just wondering if they're in decent shape and usable for the weekend.  Haven't launched from the river in years.

Edited by tannero

Ha..  thanks Les.   Hey, just read about your attempt (cancelled due to high water/mud).   How's Cananadaigua been treating you?  

Haven't been out there yet this year, wondered if I should try Canandaigua this weekend also?   Have to think the water's down to have the docks usable. 

I think I'd wait a bit on Canandaigua. It is "doable" but who knows what is floating around out there....folks I know lost their wooden furniture and part of their dock out there from their cottage so that may be the "tip of the iceberg" so be real careful if you do. Not fishing the Seneca Derby? It is shaping up to be a lot of fun....

Appreciate the info..   Good luck this weekend if you make it out.  I'm shooting for Saturday - hopefully the weather cooperates - looks good so far.

We'll be out Sunday morning, out of Sandy Creek.  I hope we get into some kings - the spring brown bite has been amazing but I want to hear some drag!

Yes indeed! Would love to get into some kings. Will post if i find any. Havent targeted them in lake spring but think they would be a little deeper than all the browns.