Headed out around 4 PM, set first two rods and fish on (5# laker) ten minutes into the trip.... and I'm thinking "this is going to be a banner night for sure...."

Well, we fished for another 2 hours until my brother tells me "I have to be back at the dock by 7PM...." so we had no choice but to pull rods at 6:30 and head in just before I'm starting to get ready for the great early evening bite when all heck typically breaks loose when the sun starts to go down.

We did not move another rod since the first fish, although we marked some nice bait pods on the bottom, and a few solid marks between 50-80 feet down.

We fished from 75 fow to 130 fow, mainly north and east of the bay.

We ran a 300' copper, a slide diver 40' back and 110' out, a wire dipsy 175' out, a keel weighed red surface spoon and our two riggers 44' and 55'.

It has been slow for me now two trips in a row, so it's time to re-think things a little.

Originally my next trip was for Monday, but I'm heading back tomorrow morning for a few hours of solo action, just in time to be back for breakfast with my family. I need it to clear my head a little and get back on some fish before Monday with my buddy Anthony.

Good luck to all,

Chris