NOAA Temp Transects Map

Yes but only as "general" indicators.  I have a probe but I would not leave the dock without checking that page.  The page tells me what is going on lake-wide.  The information gleamed tells me if I am going shallow, deep, left or right out of port.  If I see cold water off Olcott, I will trailer to the Niagara.  Invaluable information.  Remember the depths given are in meters!

That is typical.  The "lighter" warmer water gets moved into the east end of the lake and piles up there before heading down the St. Lawrence River or recirculated around the North shore.  There was a roll-over on the West end yesterday so lots of cold water around.

So help me understand the slices a bit better... looking at slice C, it starts at 43.3, which is pretty much the canadian border?

No...  notice that is 43.3    NOT  N  43 30' .076    That chart is using latitude in decimals of degrees, not in degrees, minutes, seconds. 

For instance.... The center of the lake/ Canada border on my GPS on the boat is  N 43  37'  51 .97  read properly, latitude North 43 degrees, 37 minutes 51.97 seconds... I would refer to it as...THE THIRTY SEVEN LINE. 

On these NOAA charts....the same line is in plain degrees in decimals..    43.631 

No... notice that is 43.3 NOT N 43 30' .076 That chart is using latitude in decimals of degrees, not in degrees, minutes, seconds.

For instance.... The center of the lake/ Canada border on my GPS on the boat is N 43 37' 51 .97 read properly, latitude North 43 degrees, 37 minutes 51.97 seconds... I would refer to it as...THE THIRTY SEVEN LINE.

On these NOAA charts....the same line is in plain degrees in decimals.. 43.631

Thanks that makes sense! Now where can I find a map that shows coordinates in decimals haha