Haywire/ August 30th/ Oak

Took my good friend Jim and his wife derby fishing Saturday. Jim is the Elderly Gentlemen i bought my boat from and is the man that taught me the basics of fishing on Lake Ontario 5 years ago. He used to fish with us quite a bit but has become very active in the fire service as a Call Man. This was the first trip for him on the boat this year. I really wanted to show him and his wife a good time and put some fish on the boat. Well we had a absolute banner day. Lost 3 BIG FISH, 2 pulled hooks and 1 we had another Lead Core spool have a meltdown and lost the 3rd. But we did manage a 25lbs King, a 21lbs King, a 10lbs Steely and 5 nice football Browns.  Had a great time and Jim told me, that was the best day fishing he had been apart of in many years. So that will be the high light of my year. Fishing 1 last time this Sunday and hoping to break the Haywire record for heaviest fish ever on the boat. 29 lbs is the weight to beat.

Hits/ Boated- 15/9

Ball Speed- 2.8 mph-3.1 mph

Depth-60ft-130ft

Hot lure- Stinger Mary Poppins all the way was on FIRE took 11 of are hits and caught Kings and  Browns. Worked the best on a 9 color off the boards.

Edited by Kooter469