We set up in 30 fow water in front of the BSR, grabbed a couple steelhead, and continued a NW troll to 150 fow, changing up as we went.

Found a beaucoup' good marks/bait in that water, but could NOT get them to go.

Only thing we could figure was the blow on Saturday night, must've raised hell with them?

That was our last trip for the year, as bow season is closing in fast.

Was out Fri evening and didn't do anything.  Went out Sat. p.m. and as I was rounding a point off Hughes when a squall came up and it happened  in minutes.  Was headed a bit past Pultneyville to set up and frankly I was amazed I was able to turn my boat around.  Holy crap.  What a year it h as been on the water.  First time I've taken waves over the bow to break over the windshield and icin glass.  I carry my dispey rods on the deck of the walk around and they were pushed back on to the floor of the boat.  Now I've been in stuff on the lake this year it seems when I've had my motor quit on me and my wife, I've had my motor bark from waves coming from the stern that somehow cavitated the prop, but I ain't never had waves in a chop like that where they are just piling on in big sets that are steep like Sat. p.m.  It was exhilarating.  Not only that but visibility was very poor and I don't have radar.  Once I got the boat turned that is when it became really fun surfing those big breakers, what a hoot.  

Then went out Sun. a.m. with my wife and she decided that the rollers were just a bit much for her.  Not alot of water between the rollers either especially coming back in.  So it was quite bumpy.  I wanted to fish but she didn't so we didn't.  So we headed back to the marina once we got past the St. Pete and wouldn't ya know coming back in to Hughes got up on a set of rollers that broke under boat on the starboard side and bam set the boat down on the shelf of rocks and took a chunk out of our propeller.  That ain't happened in the 2 summers I've owned this boat either.  So that's my story.  

Was out Fri evening and didn't do anything.  Went out Sat. p.m. and as I was rounding a point off Hughes when a squall came up and it happened  in minutes.  Was headed a bit past Pultneyville to set up and frankly I was amazed I was able to turn my boat around.  Holy crap.  What a year it h as been on the water.  First time I've taken waves over the bow to break over the windshield and icin glass.  I carry my dispey rods on the deck of the walk around and they were pushed back on to the floor of the boat.  Now I've been in stuff on the lake this year it seems when I've had my motor quit on me and my wife, I've had my motor bark from waves coming from the stern that somehow cavitated the prop, but I ain't never had waves in a chop like that where they are just piling on in big sets that are steep like Sat. p.m.  It was exhilarating.  Not only that but visibility was very poor and I don't have radar.  Once I got the boat turned that is when it became really fun surfing those big breakers, what a hoot.  

Then went out Sun. a.m. with my wife and she decided that the rollers were just a bit much for her.  Not alot of water between the rollers either especially coming back in.  So it was quite bumpy.  I wanted to fish but she didn't so we didn't.  So we headed back to the marina once we got past the St. Pete and wouldn't ya know coming back in to Hughes got up on a set of rollers that broke under boat on the starboard side and bam set the boat down on the shelf of rocks and took a chunk out of our propeller.  That ain't happened in the 2 summers I've owned this boat either.  So that's my story.  

What a ride. So how big is your boat?

Its an 89 Pro LIne Sportfisherman, from the end of the engine to the end of the bow sprit it I would think a bit better than 30' it's long for sure.  Inside its' like 25.5' from the inside of the stern to the inside of the bow.  Heavy blue water boat in that it is a heavy weight when its loaded with fuel and stuff like my wife an I. I think if I recall its registered at 6300lbs wet weight.  I could be wrong on that maybe that includes the trailer too?  Nice boat though.   

Any word if the fish are still in the trench?  I would like to make a trip up this weekend but wanted to know if the kings are still being caught.  With the hard south blow I doubt I would be able to fish out of stony.

Fished mexico today from the state launch to the salmon river went 0 for 4. Fished stacked up in 50 flow out front of the river. Trolled threw the pod of fish marked the points turned the boat around and they were gone screen went blank

Headed for deeper water and couldn't find any fish. Waves picked up and had some motor issues headed home approx noon. Not great fishing but could have been at work. First skunk of the year

Sent from my LG-D800 using Lake Ontario United mobile app