Slow to start but good after that.

Bear with me I'm working on ten hrs sleep in two days. Not something I'm used to. Started mid day Saturday and only managed a small steelhead and some pig small mouth. Wound up dragging one color cores in to shallow costing us some lures and leaders. Went back to the cabin and re rigged with a different plan for day two. No cores out in less than 12' of water. Without stripping reels that left us with only six lines deployed. We started out at grey light and only managed a small brown and lost another. A little further down the shore we saw a pretty big fleet working an area over good. We headed that way and on the way picked up a nice 10lb brown. By the time we reached where the fleet was only a few boats remained. We got pushed a little outside and boated a very nice rainbow. A little further and a mid teen king was landed. We decided being pushed out worked to our advantage and we worked that zone producing nice steelhead. Tons of bait there and much colder water. That area produced a few more hits before we decided to back track to where we started. Half way there we landed a couple more Browns and another small steelhead. Hot lure was, yes the goby bay rat. We went home and were crashed by 4pm. We woke at 10 ate dinner and headed out for walleye. We fished till 4:30 and landed our personal best walleye. A just under 10 lber for my buddy Mark and a 7.5 lber for me. It was Marks first walleye and only my second. My first was an accidental catch from Oswego river. Fishing for salmon in the mid eighties. So after walleye fishing we went out for Browns. Fished till 10:30 and called it due to non existent bite and fatigue. Boxed four nice Browns biggest at 10 lbs again and threw back two small Browns and two small steelhead.

I don't know how to post pictures from the phone so when I get home I will.

Thanks to Andy on Broad Horizon for some advice and Jim from the clean station for some advice as well.

Back at it tomorrow.

Spike

Next morning we headed out in pea soup fog. Knowing we were the first boat out made it a little easier but not great. We put the boards out only far enuf to see them. Took a hit on a rigger but missed the fish. short time later fire tiger stick produces a mid teen king. Then we hear a boat come just inside us and start setting up. Not being able to see him I headed away from the engine noise which pushed us out deeper. The water got colder in just a few feet difference and all we saw for it was a bunch of small steelhead and kings. A while later the fog started to lift a bit. We hooked up a 9 lb brown on a orange spoon down 6 back 70. We worked that area a bit producing no more bites. With the fog clearing up a bit and being able to see fairly far we headed back inside to the warmer water. That produced zip as well. Then while back tracking the fog came in thick aain. I knew there was a bunch of boats around us and trolling in that mess would be tough. We pulled lines and headed in with plans to get back out in the afternoon.

The afternoon produced more small steelhead and kings. Not what we were looking for. It took a while but we landed a nice 7 lb brown and then dropped another right at the back of the boat. That would be it for action for us as the lines went dead. We called it around 6:30 and headed in.

Another great trip for us. I have had better catch rates but our quality of fish wasn't bad and we seemed to do better than most that we ran into.

Can't wait for August to get here.

Spike