What we are catching

Ray,

I use bunker spoons with my wire rods. The spoons drop 1 ½ feet for every 10’ out with the wire. Picked up a lot of big Blue fish also, It’s just getting started pretty good. Trolled Sandy hook and all around the Husdon.

I heard that! Right now it's Clams and bunker. A lot of bunker in the bay. We use a cast net or snag hooks. Right now there is 6 footers in the bay with the storm so who knows what will happen. Also picking up some big week fish.

hang on we have done 40 to 60 a day 4 years ago then downhill from there last year we didnt go and the catch was on the rise ,talked to ceelys bait shop in newburgh 3 days ago and the males are in heavy with th .e big girls to follow ill be watchin chases site close but 1% of the guys who fish there post capt bill outa newburgh will leak a little info but not to phone frindly if he catches on to a fish report seeker if we dedcide to go friday nite ill pm ya before leaving if there in like years past you will be happy with my methoud

they run the river in may though the excessive snow pack this year has kept the hudson a little cooler .when the temps at newburgh reach 60 to 65 deg. the spawn will happen in the flats.55 deg 2 day ago. so many places to fish so little time and gas.

We had 55 water temp this past Sunday.

You wouldn’t believe what I had to do just to fishing on Mothers day. I couldn’t take a nap Saturday because if I did the lawn mower would make too much noise and then my wife couldn’t cut the grass. I would not want her to be out there on Mothers day cutting the lawn. She also wanted the bathroom painting to be done before I went fishing, so I told he she didn’t have to make me lunch Saturday so she would have enough time to get the room painted.

The things you have to do just to go fishing.