Happy Fathers Day

Happy Father Day to all you guys out there.  I know a lot of us have very busy schedules and busy lives and we would love to get out on the lake as much as we can to catch the big ones.  But once in a while we need to think about our kids and grandkids.  All I saying is give up one of those days and take the kids fishing. Let it be their day.  I don't mean sitting in the boat trolling all day.  That's fine if they are old enough and you are having  good luck pulling fish in and keeping them interested.  I'm talking about taking them to the local pond or creek and letting them pull sunny's and other small fish while you bait the hooks.  Let them have a fun day.  I know from experience, they will not forget those days. They grow up fast and before you know it, they're out the door.   Enjoy the special times with your family and always remember, "There is no journey so far away as yesterday".  God Bless you on this Father's Day.

Jimmy

Absolutely piratesholly, I'm the same, he was more than my dad he was my best friend and when he passed away from cancer it was the worst day of my life. Since then I was rewarded with 2 beautiful girls(twins) it's hard to believe it's 10 years already and today I got a 48 gun, gun safe from my wonderful ladies. My girls are chomping at the bit to come up to our camp and go out on LakeO and do some fishing, that's why I'm pushing to get my lower unit back on the boat, and adjusted up, so when they come up we can just head out and enjoy ourselves. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.

Absolutely piratesholly, I'm the same, he was more than my dad he was my best friend and when he passed away from cancer it was the worst day of my life. Since then I was rewarded with 2 beautiful girls(twins) it's hard to believe it's 10 years already and today I got a 48 gun, gun safe from my wonderful ladies. My girls are chomping at the bit to come up to our camp and go out on LakeO and do some fishing, that's why I'm pushing to get my lower unit back on the boat, and adjusted up, so when they come up we can just head out and enjoy ourselves. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.

I also was rewarded w/ two beautiful girls. lost my dad to cutting a tree down almost twenty years ago still effects me today. How do you get your girls out?? Mine won't get their heads off the pillow in the morning!! hahaha. We have a cottage on Cayuga lake for a week in July hope they put down there cell phones and enjoy the outdoors w/ pops! :rofl:

I also was rewarded w/ two beautiful girls. lost my dad to cutting a tree down almost twenty years ago still effects me today. How do you get your girls out?? Mine won't get their heads off the pillow in the morning!! hahaha. We have a cottage on Cayuga lake for a week in July hope they put down there cell phones and enjoy the outdoors w/ pops! :rofl:

My girls are only 10 years old, they are really into the outdoors, they both play softball, they lost 1 game out of the championship, they were bummed out, I told them this is only the 2nd year you gals played and you made it this far!! That's great, then they said yea now we have time to go fishing dad, if I say we are going fishing they are running in place at the door, once we get up to camp they go to bed at 9pm and there're up at 5 ready to go. They last about 4 hours if we're on fish, then the crawl up in the cuddy for a cat nap if nothing is happening I don't push them we head in and do what they want to do the rest of the day. They will ask where are we going tomorrow I usually tell them it depends on the weather and the wind. They are always ready to go again!! I'm really blessed even if my wife comes up she will go out also, I put her behind the wheel and the girls and I set rods, sometimes they will let mom reel 1 in, if one hits off the rigger the girls know how to bring the ball up then I let Paula reel that one in and I'll take the wheel untill it's net time. We have a blast!!!