Finally made it out. Charging at 12.3 v with a new stator :D Launched at Genny & headed out NW to 90 FOW off Russell. First line in a little after 6:00. South winds, fairly heavy unsettled cloud cover. ½ to 1 ft Chop. Surf temp 48 F.

5-26-08.jpg

8 Lb stlhd at 7:00, 40 down over 117 FOW. Orng Crush w/Grn Ldrback, 40 back. (Kind of skinny, clipped Adipose & 3 lamprey scars.)

stlhd5-26-08.jpg

Little Coho on the surface over 150 FOW. Literally right on the surface as I popped the rigger loose, cranked it up, and then saw the splash on the surface as he grabbed it. R&R Gold w/Orng Ldrback.

Where5-26-08.jpg

Oops….. where he go?

Here he is. Feisty little bugger…

hereheis5-26-08.jpg

Off at 10:30. That south wind was getting a little sporty out there & didn’t like the looks of the sky to the west. Radio awful quiet. Real junk yard at 135 FOW (scum line) off Russell that was moving westward.

Genny launch finally has an attendant that knows a little about fishing. He’s getting reports from the guys & posting info at the shack. River fishing as well as out in the lake. Guess they’re getting some huge catfish up the river. Lot of marks between the piers. Launch fee is $8 this year or seasons pass is $100. (Also good at I-Bay)

Luck to all,

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Longline I was just thinking yesterday that I hadn't seen a post from you in a longwhile/longtime, pun intended :lol: and was wondering where you had been. Loved the "where did he go photo" :lol::lol:

Glad to see ya got out and got some fish.

Nice pics! I scrolled down perfectly to the "oops" photo and figured you had a "catch and release" oops until I saw the blood trail and next pic l! ;) Thanks for sharing.

Shawn

Fishinman - Yeah, been a while. Guess it was "Long-awaited" huh? :D Felt good to be out again.

FX - Yes - some do flip-flop the other way and release themselves, especially Coho's. If they'd only sit still for a few seconds....

Tom B.

(LongLine)